Saturday, August 22, 2009

Reasons to be Cheerful

The Dogs Days of August are upon us and several of my friends have told me they're becoming depressed. In times like these it helps to count one's blessings. So, with apologies to Ian Dury, I present my "REASONS TO BE CHEERFUL."
1. They finally named a hurricane "Bill."
2. It's tomato season.
3. People who do the hiring will be ending their vacations soon.
4. I'm only hearing about Michael Jackson every 10 minutes instead of every minute.
5. George W. Bush has nothing to do except clear brush.
6. The relative I'm about to ask for a loan hasn't been laid-off.
7. Local businesses I depend on such as my pub, the bakeries and the butcher, are still in business.
8. Big budget movies with overpaid stars are flopping while "District 9," with no stars, made its production budget back in one week.
9. The media keep talking about a financial recovery and the country has this thing about self-fulfilling prophecies.
10. Renee Zellweger flirted with me - OK, I hear she flirts with everyone, but still....

OK, I've run out (and just in time). But feel free to contribute your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment